As of 2024, Canada’s national debt is approximately $1,173 billion Canadian dollars and growing. Do you think the Trudeau government has our budget under control?

Please be advised that this site is not affiliated with the pension office.
It was created to provide general pension information only.

If you have lost your original landing paper/proof of entry to Canada (e.g. IMM1000). You may go to to apply for the Verifcation of Status (VOS) document.

You may obtain a VOS document outlining the pertinent historical information for the following:

  • Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056)
  • Immigrant Visa and Record of Landing (IMM 1000)/Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688)
  • Visitor Record (IMM 1097 or IMM 1442)
  • Work Permit (IMM 1102 or IMM 1442)
  • Study Permit (IMM 1208 or IMM 1442)
  • Exclusion Order (IMM 1214)
  • Deportation Order (IMM 1215)
  • Departure Order (IMM 5238)
  • Permit to Come Into or Remain in Canada (IMM 1263)
  • Authorization to Return to Canada (IMM 1203)
  • Protected Persons

Note: The actual document itself will not be issued. Instead, a plain paper document will be issued that will provide information about your immigration history.

If you require specific information that was originally captured on the immigration document (immigration category, document validity dates etc), you must specify this in your application for a Verification of Status document.

The Verification of Status document cannot be used for travel and is not an identity document.

The Permanent Resident Card is the proof of status document for permanent residents re-entering Canada on a commercial carrier (airplane, boat, train or bus).

If you are a permanent resident of Canada and are travelling outside the country without the appropriate documentation to prove your status in Canada, you will need to obtain a travel document to demonstrate to representatives of a transportation company that you are entitled to re-enter Canada as a permanent resident. For more information, consult the application package Applying for a Travel Document (Permanent Residents Abroad) (IMM 5529).

Application cost

Include the processing fee for your application submitted to IRCC. The fee is per document, non-refundable, and does not guarantee approval of your application. If you are not approved you will not be issued a Verification of Status document or receive a replacement document.

Application (per person) $CAN
Verify your status (VOS) or replace an immigration document $30

Note: There is no fee for applicants in receipt of provincial welfare payments or assistance under the Resettlement Assistance Program. If you are receiving Social Assistance Benefits, provide a letter from the appropriate provincial Ministry or other proof that you are receiving benefits (proof of payment). There is no fee for applications submitted to The Canadian Genealogy Centre Library and Archives Canada or to The Rooms located in Newfoundland.

Note: There is no fee for a VOS document indicating Protected Person status if you are a Protected Person and are not a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen. There is a fee for the replacement of a valid immigration document, or any other VOS document.

How to pay the fees for your application

To pay your fees for your application you’ll need:

  • a valid email address;
  • access to a printer (you’ll need to print the receipt), and
  • a credit card or Canadian debit card.

Visit the link below and follow these instructions to pay:

  • Go to Online Payment.
  • Follow the online instructions.
    • At the end, click on the button to print the IRCC official receipt with barcode. Print two copies.
  • Attach a copy of this receipt to your completed application.
    • Keep the second copy of the receipt for your records.

Do not exit without printing the receipt! The printed receipt is your proof of payment!


The only acceptable form of payment is online payment. If you send any other form of payment, IRCC will return your application.

Submit the application

Mailing addres:

Verification of Status (VOS) or Replacement of an Immigration Document

Operations Support Centre (OSC)
P.O. Box 8784 STN T CSC
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 5J3

If sent by private courier or by registered mail:

Verification of Status (VOS) or Replacement of an Immigration Document
Operations Support Centre (OSC)
365 Laurier Avenue West,
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

For more detail, please visit Click Here.